Full-Time Fighter Pilot – Instructor
A-29 Instructor Pilot (Deployed)-Afghanistan
WORKING WITH AEVEX
Becoming part of the AEVEX Aerospace family means joining a highly qualified and dedicated team that appreciates the opportunities and rewards that come with supporting critical, no-fail missions. At AEVEX, you’ll find expertly-credentialed, innovative team players who are the best at what they do and constantly strive to meet high expectations in an ever-changing environment.
As A-29 Instructor Pilot, you will:
- Position requires CONUS training and will eventually move to OCONUS to perform duties and work in austere locations.
- Provide instruction in A-29 flight operations.
- Instruct utilizing approved A-29 flight procedures and squadron standard operating procedures.
- File incident reports as necessary to report any observed violations or situations that may affect safety.
- Attend administrative, standardization, in-service training, and instructor development meetings as assigned.
- Mission Planning, pre-flight and post flight briefing, aircraft pre-flight and post flight, safe operation of aircraft and mission execution, direct activities and insure proper use of CRM among crew members.
- Ensure the assigned aircraft is airworthy and all proper documents are on board and is properly equipped for the mission.
- Make decisions to the start, delay, cancellation of flight or deviation from planned destination when operating conditions dictate.
- Prepare or supervise all flight plan considerations, including but not limited to, weather, performance, appropriate flight level, appropriate fueling, airport facilities, and navigational aids and flight following procedures are followed.
- Ensure the aircraft weight and balance form/manifest is properly completed, signed, and distributed.
- Report promptly all known or suspected FAA violations or incidents to the Chief Pilot.
- Maintain a current medical certificate as required and notify the Chief Pilot if medical condition may impair ability to perform the flight.
- Ensure all crew members and passengers are properly brief on proposed flight and emergency equipment usage and procedures.
- Ensure all maintenance write-ups are coordinated with and passed on to the maintenance personnel and that Flight Operations is alerted to the current status of the aircraft.
- Ensure appropriate communications with Operations in a timely and efficient method.
- Prepare to work scheduled and unscheduled hours in a rotational, on call schedule to cover 24/7 operations.
- Other duties and task may be assigned by Chief Pilot or Site lead.
- Thoroughly knowledgeable in the AOM, FOM, FAA regulations, Operations Specifications and any other related flight duty activities.
- Able to interact with customer making sure their needs are being met and always ready to solve any problem it may arise with a friendly and helpful demeanor.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Must be on time to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all AEVEX Aerospace Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Active Secret US security clearance
- Current CFI/CFII
- Minimum 2000 hours with at least 500 hours PIC and 500 hours dual given
- Combat Air Support experience
- NVG experience
- Former Military Instructor Pilot in an attack aircraft
- Weapons delivery experience
- FAA Class II Medical
Job descriptions are meant as summary only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
Our vision is to be the recognized leader in full-spectrum airborne intelligence solutions. We take a long-term view of our relationships within the industry, partnering with our customers to rapidly identify, develop, and deliver tailored solutions for airborne intelligence requirements.
Our culture attracts and retains the very best talent, and we thrive in dynamic mission environments. Whether we are providing flight test support to development of a new collection aircraft; operating a high-priority deployed unmanned aircraft system; or providing post-mission collection analysis for special operators, we follow through and deliver results, every time. We never lose sight of our customer, maximizing the full potential of our end users.
AEVEX Aerospace is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.
How to ApplyPlease apply at aevex.com/careers/. Click on Flight Operations and you will see the listing.
558 total views, 2 today