Part-Time Account Manager (Part-Time); Potentially Full-Time
REPORTS TO: Founder/President
DEPARTMENT(s): Space/Maintenance/Material Sciences
REGION: REMOTE, US
Apply on LinkedIn at: lnkd.in/dJi7jB9
This is fully remote. The Account Manager will be responsible for managing Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) Contract efforts directly related to space, maintenance, or material sciences technologies (depending on your specific background). He or she will develop marketing materials, oral presentations, and conduct correspondence to cultivate relationships with Venture Capital Investors, Government Customers, and Small Business Owners with the goal of obtaining additional SBIR Contracts and ultimately a sole-source contract with the US Government.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a self-motivated, self-starter who is able to work independently to solve problems. He or she will be skilled at understanding new ideas quickly and be able to confidently communicate those ideas through both verbal and written forms. He or she will be comfortable interacting with high-level officials, including CEOs, Military Leaders, Venture Capital Investors, etc. He or she will be skilled at quickly building networks of contacts and developing relationships. He or she will have a strong, demonstrated sense of responsibility and will take pride in his or her work.
- Responding to requests for information from AFWERX in a timely, professional manner
- Develop marketing materials such as slide decks, handouts, and oral presentations
- Build a network of Government Customers, Venture Capital Investors, and others for Small Business through email, phone calls, and in-person meetings
- Independently and proactively manages assigned projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in related field required
- Masters Degree (esp. MBA) strongly preferred
- 10+ years related professional experience in a combination of military/intelligence community (including Reserve/Guard), consulting, marketing, sales, or other in the Space, Maintenance, or Material Sciences fields
- Familiarity with DoD and intelligence community innovation programs (including AFWERX, DARPA, In-Q-Tel, NSIN, NavalX, AAL/Futures Command, etc…)
- Ability to prioritize work and take independent initiative (bias towards action)
- Demonstrated sense of responsibility
- Ability to breakdown strategic ideas into actionable tasks
- Familiarity with military organizational structure and culture
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow up
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of constituents in varied settings
- Selling skills
- Experience developing marketing materials
- Ability to articulate the message
- Strong initiative and able to work independently
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, GSuite
- Experience with Monday.com and Slack preferred
Other: Candidate must successfully pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
Benefits: This position offers a flexible work schedule enabling you to work from home!
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
How to ApplyApply on LinkedIn at: lnkd.in/dJi7jB9
504 total views, 1 today