Full-Time Aircraft Commander – Minimum 2d Lt/O1 – Maximum Lt Col/O5
NEBRASKA NATIONAL GUARD HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE 2433 NW 24TH STREET LINCOLN, NEBRASKA 68524
NATIONWIDE ACTIVE GUARD RESERVE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Announcement Number: AGR-AF-18-017 Closing Date: 30 April 2018
Position Title: Aircraft Commander Location: 155th OSS, Lincoln, NE Military Grade Range: Minimum 2d Lt/O1 – Maximum Lt Col/O5.
Military Requirements: The AFSC for these positions is 11M3F. Applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance. Applicants will review the qualifications for the award of this AFSC in the AFOCD. Failure to review these qualifications may result in the applicant not being eligible for the position.
Area of Consideration: All current members of the Nebraska Air National Guard and those eligible to become members in the grade of 2d Lt/O2 to Lt Col/O5 may submit an application for this position. Qualified applicants will be referred to the selecting official in the following order:
Area 1 – AFSC Qualified Area 2 – Non AFSC Qualified
Summary of Duties: Pilots mobility aircraft and commands crews to accomplish tanker, airlift, training, and other missions. Related DoD Occupational Group: 220200.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plans and prepares for mission. Reviews mission tasking, intelligence, and weather information. Supervises mission planning, preparation, filing a flight plan, and crew briefing. Ensures aircraft is pre-flighted, inspected, loaded, equipped, and manned for mission.
2. Pilots aircraft and commands crew. Operates aircraft controls and equipment. Performs, supervises, or directs navigation, in-flight refueling, and cargo and passenger delivery.
3. Conducts or supervises training of crewmembers. Ensures operational readiness of crew by conducting or supervising mission specific training.
4. Develops plans and policies, monitors operations, and advises commanders. Assists commanders and performs staff functions related to this specialty.
1. Knowledge. Knowledge is mandatory of theory of flight, air navigation, meteorology, flying directives, aircraft operating procedures, and mission tactics.
2. Education. For entry into this specialty, undergraduate degree specializing in physical sciences, mathematics, administration, or management is desirable.
3. Training. The following training is mandatory as indicated:
3.1. For entry into this specialty, completion of Air Force Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training (SUPT).
3.2. For award of AFSC 11M2X, completion of transition and operational training in the suffix specific aircraft.
The Military Department of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity Employer
4. Experience. For upgrade to AFSCs 11M2X/3X, unit commander determines proficiency based on performance, experience, and completion of minimum training requirements.
5. Other. The following are mandatory as indicated:
5.1. For award and retention of this AFSC, current aeronautical rating and qualification for aviation service as pilot.
5.2. For award of AFSC 11M3X, certification of aircraft commander qualification by appropriate operations authority.
How to Apply
502 total views, 1 today