Full-Time Elec Tech Maint II
The Electronics Technician Maintenance II performs a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electro-mechanical areas. Will be a member of the Security Operations Center (SOC)/ Network Operations Center (NOC) that provides the secured management for the JRTC Enterprise Local Area Network (LAN)
· Applies technical knowledge of electronic principals to determine malfunctions for a variety of electrical, electronic, video, audio, and computer system equipment and the skill to return the equipment to the required operating condition.
- Works with the Sr. Network Administrator for supporting the Joint Combat Out Post (JCOP) Village Fiber network connectivity.
- Will perform maintenance, troubleshooting, installation, and de-installation of the JCOP Village fiber and termination equipment.
- Continuously monitors assigned equipment status and corrects faults in a timely manner.
- Will support JRTC Rotational Exercise JCOP Connectivity requirements and assist in general networking activities as required.
- Records all repair, non-repair, and PMCS data in the information management system.
- Is required to work in confined crawl spaces and work non-standard workweeks.
- Reports directly to CymSTAR’s designated local supervisor and/or Program Manager.
- May be called upon by other work centers across the Warrior Trainer Alliance (WTA) / War Fighter Focus (WFF) team to ensure work is completed on time during rotations.
- Must have and maintain Security+ Certification with CE enrollment and all Information Assurance training.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma is required. Associates degree or completion of one of the US military electronics schools or successful completion of a commercial electronics technician program is desired.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common professional literature. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to management, and colleagues.
Ability to comprehend and calculate ratios and percentages, Ability to comprehend and apply principles of modern algebra.
Basic understanding of computer operating systems and basic network skills. The candidate must have demonstrated knowledge of Windows XP, 2003 Server, VMWare, and Unix, be able to perform and understand software loading procedures and hardware/software configuration procedures.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
U.S. Citizenship. Must be able to obtain a U.S. Government SECRET Security Clearance.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Experienced and proficient in the use of standard Personal Computer productivity software tools including word processors, spreadsheets, presentation graphics, project management, and databases.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, electrical shock, moving parts and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The employee is occasionally required to work holidays, weekends and odd shifts.
- Comply with company policies and procedures and work instructions
- Follow company standards of professionalism
- Treat customers and coworkers with respect
- Be honest and dedicated in your work
- Follow directions of supervisory and management staff
- Comply with Company quality standards
Maintain a professional appearance and comply with any company dress code
How to ApplyTo apply please go to https://www.cymstar.com/careers/
1767 total views, 1 today