Full-Time Flight Instructor
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Flight Instructor delivers exceptional ground and simulator flight instruction in accordance with aviation regulations and FlightSafety Training principles.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following duties are essential to the successful and satisfactory performance of this job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct pilot ground and simulator training for clients receiving core, specialty or enrichment training courses.
- Develop and prepare training materials that support training delivery to meet the client needs in accordance with the applicable curriculum.
- Evaluate and measure trainee progress and recommend for qualification, or additional training.
- Complete accurate training records specific to each client, aiding their success in achieving the requested objective(s).
- Identify client training issues and seek assistance prior to execution.
- Maintain Instructor qualifications in accordance with regulatory requirements.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Must be able and willing to participate in FlightSafety’s DOT Drug & Alcohol testing program.
- An unrestricted ATP certificate, or an ICAO member state Airline Transport Pilot License*
- Must have five (5) years of related experience.
*If no ATP, must meet the requirements of:
- 14 CFR part 61.153
- 14 CFR part 61.64 without a Supervised Operating Experience (SOE) limitation.
- A minimum of one unrestricted PIC type rating;
- Preferred: FAR Part 135, FAR Part 121, or military training experience;
- Preferred: 2,500 hours of total flight time
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, OTHER:
- Knowledge of aviation safety standards and practices
- Knowledge of common aviation regulations
- Ability to manage classes and teach effectively
- First-level facilitation skills and customer service skills
- Ability to be coachable and receive feedback to support development
- Basic computer proficiency – Microsoft Office and other internet-based programs
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met and/or encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee may be required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
Must possess physical range of body motion to perform the following:
- Reach exert pressure and manipulate the rudder controls and/or anti-torque with both feet.
- Reach and manipulate numerous controls within the Simulator device from the Instructor’s chair.
- Enter and exit from the Simulator device via the provided ramp.
- Move between the Instructor station, screen and podium while instructing in the classroom.
- Exit from malfunctioned Simulator while the device is in a severely pitched attitude.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee may work in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, risk of radiation, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to ApplyPlease us the following link to apply for this job, https://careers.flightsafety.com/job/Columbus-Flight-Instructor-OH-43219/825143100/
339 total views, 1 today