Traditional Guardsmen ISR Pilot & CSO
The 185th Special Operations Squadron is in the process of converting our Wing from a KC-135 Tanker Mission to a Manned ISR mission in the MC-12 under Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC). Our number of required pilots has grown significantly from our previous mission and we now have a need for Combat System Operators. We are currently looking for motivated individuals to join us, both coming from other services and as Non-prior service. As we undergo conversion we would like to grow our experience with individuals that have previous ISR experience, but we will accept all applications.
The MC-12W is a medium- to low-altitude, twin-engine turboprop aircraft. The primary mission is providing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance to ground forces.
How to ApplyIf interested in joining our Guard family, contact Technical Sergeant Leslie Quate of the 137th SOW Recruiting office by email at Leslie Quate She may be reached by phone at 405-686-0225. You may also use the following email address to send digital copies of application packages to our Chief Pilot and Chief CSO. email@example.com We are a close knit organization and will want to meet you in person. After submitting your application to the address above, you will be asked to come join us at the Unit for an interview and so our members can get the chance to meet and interact with you. For planning purposes; we are currently conducting interviews during our Unit Training Assemblies (or Drill) once a quarter. Currently they are scheduled for Aug 2015, Nov 2015, and Feb 2016. There are some stipulations… For those prior service aviators
- Members must have clean Unfavorable Information File (UIF’s), and Service RIP’s.
- Be able to present a Current and PASSING fitness test score
- Other service Pilots... the Air Force will only accept pilots that initially completed Navy or Air Force Pilot training to earn their Wings. If you earned your wings through AF or Naval flight training and currently flying in another branch or had a long break in aviation service you will require an Aeronautical review board.
- You must be under the age of 28 ½ at time of selection.
- Be able to pass an Air Force Class 1 flying physical
- Cover letter
- AFOQT/TBAS (PCSM) scores (for UPT and UCT applicants only)
- College Transcripts (copies are acceptable) (for UPT and UCT applicants only)
- Last 5 Officer Performance Reports
- Print out of Current, and Passing Fitness Test
- Career Data Brief or service RIP, and UIF
- Flying hour and aircraft summaries, for prior service please include AF942 "summary of evaluation" and last 5 AF8s
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Copies of Pilot Certificates and copy of last pilot logbook entry (for UPT applicants only)
7175 total views, 2 today