Full-Time KC-46 Pilot Instructor
The Pilot Instructor is responsible for the accomplishment of all simulator-based training in the Weapon System Trainer (WST), including prebriefings and debriefings, for U.S. Air Force and Allied Nation KC-46 Pilots attending Initial, Upgrade, Requalification, and Refresher training, as well as Maintenance Personnel attending Engine Run Initial Qualification and Refresher Training . Duties include instructing and measuring training progress of Pilot and Maintenance students who attend established aircrew training curricula.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Conduct all Initial, Upgrade, Requalification, and Refresher training using devices, such as a classroom, Pilot Part Task Trainer (PTTP), Boom Operator Part Task Trainer (PTTB), Boom Operator Trainer (BOT), Fuselage Trainer (FuT), WST, and KC-46 aircraft.
- Conduct other ground-based training, as required, for Aircrew Members in tanker and receiver operating procedures, including diagnosis and remediation of student problems.
- Conduct Initial and Recurring training for Maintenance Personnel attending Engine Run courses.
- Conduct briefings, debriefings, and perform counseling with Aircrew Members and Maintenance Personnel to develop and maintain the highest level of student technical acumen and proficiency.
- Extract student data, analyze results, and prepare for student review sessions.
- Serve as KC-46 Pilot Subject Matter Expert (SME) for students and other applicable personnel, as required.
- Maintain exceptional standards of instruction, knowledge levels, capabilities, and expertise.
- Develop and maintain exceptional knowledge of KC-46 aircraft systems and operating procedures.
- Consistently display exceptional knowledge and application of instructional principles and theories pertaining to aircrew training systems.
- Provide inputs for courseware corrections and modifications, along with updates to training policies and procedures.
- Assist in other project and development work, as assigned.
- Operate Student Management System.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform administrative duties relative to training, such as record keeping, monitoring student progress, and counseling.
- Review assigned CBT and classroom lesson plans for content accuracy to guarantee the highest level of Quality Assurance (QA), as corrections, modifications, and updates to established curricula are recommended and incorporated.
- Support courseware development efforts and maintenance of established training curricula.
- Support training device development efforts.
- Participate in at least one annual aircraft familiarization flight as a non-flying, additional crew member.
- Travel, as required.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
- Morally and ethically influence others to successfully achieve program goals.
- Fluently read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Display excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess the ability to interface with students and provide on-the-spot remediation, or determine other courses of action, as necessary.
- Possess basic knowledge of personal computers and software applications, such as word processing applications, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Successfully accomplish an annual internal standardization evaluation.
- Currently possess, or demonstrate the ability to obtain, a SECRET clearance. Education and Formal Training:
Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent education, experience, and training, is required.
Experience as a qualified Receiver Air-to-Air Refueling (AAR) Pilot Flight Instructor, or as a Receiver AAR Aircrew Training System (ATS) Instructor. Either position must have been held within 5 years of the date of assignment to the KC-46 ATS. Shall have logged a minimum of 200 flying hours in U.S. Air Force or Allied Nation receiver aircraft, or equivalent flight simulator, with at least 50% occurring in the aircraft. Tanker AAR Pilot Instructor experience is highly desirable. Type rating in B-767 preferred.
How to Apply
Applicants may apply by going to our website at www.flightsafety.com, click on Careers (in the gray bar) and go to Featured Jobs and choose a category. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and put the Req. # above in the “Search by Keyword” field.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling Corporate Teammate Resources at 1-855-374-7378 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
428 total views, 1 today