Temporary Multi Discipline Engineer
The Multi-Discipline Engineering position for the modification of F-16 aircraft simulation software is responsible for researching and analyzing system engineering problems at a conceptual level. Elaborates these concepts into top-level designs within the market-driven constraints of fidelity, quality, cost, and schedule. Plans, organizes and leads the elaboration of top-level designs into the detail design level and the implementation of the detail designs in the military training Multi-Discipline for the F-16 program.
• Must be able to perform Software development duties including requirements analysis, design, code, document, test, and integrate into aircraft simulation.
• Review, comprehend and report on existing coding constructs with minimal dependence on other engineering resources.
• Develops engineering approach/studies for change implementation and establishes engineering requirements for accomplishment. Establishes requirements and provides technical direction within Engineering Project Teams
• Prepares and makes presentation of technical data reviews. Leads TSSC Task Teams of software and hardware engineers and technicians for change tracking and accomplishment, providing status schedule and risk metrics
• Coordination with engineers and customer personnel on a regular basis.
• Reports to the F-16 TS Project Manager
• Any other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Software, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering or related field and at least 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Background must include exposure to a variety of technical documentation. Ideal candidates will be proficient in some or all of the following areas:
• Ada, C, C++, Fortran
• OpenGL, GLStudio, QT
• MS Access, MS Windows, Linux
• ClearCase, ClearQuest
• Real-time simulation
• Object Oriented Design
• Military and industry coding standards
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common professional literature. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to management, and colleagues.
Ability to comprehend and calculate ratios and percentages, Ability to comprehend and apply principles of modern algebra.
Solid technology skills are required, including a deep understanding of multiple database technologies, enterprise Multi-Discipline integration, and software evaluation techniques. The ability to translate differing and possibly conflicting customer needs and preferences into design requirements is essential as well as the ability to reverse engineer business processes and tools. The ability to analyze, identify and solve a variety of problems is critical.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
U.S. Citizenship. Must be able to obtain a Secret Level Clearance
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Experienced and proficient in the use of standard Personal Computer productivity software tools including word processors, spreadsheets, presentation graphics, project management, and databases.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, electrical shock, moving parts and vibration.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
• The employee is occasionally required to work holidays, weekends and odd shifts.
• Comply with company policies and procedures and work instructions
• Follow company standards of professionalism
• Treat customers and coworkers with respect
• Be honest and dedicated in your work
• Follow directions of supervisory and management staff
• Comply with Company quality standards
• Maintain a professional appearance and comply with any company dress code
CymSTAR offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, paid personal leave, 401(K)-based retirement plan. Please apply at: www.cymstar.com
How to ApplyVisit https://www.cymstar.com/careers/
354 total views, 1 today