Full-Time Pilot Instructor
Provide C-5 Aircraft Systems/operational procedures instruction in aircraft/ classroom/ simulator and/or practical environments. Assist as Subject Matter Expert in development of curriculum for new type courses as required. May provide additional special services such as courseware review and other additional administrative duties such as publications, safety, quality audits, FCIF, scheduling, and other duties as maybe assigned.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides C-5 Pilot procedures instruction in aircraft, classroom, and simulator or other platform environments.
- Provides training for Visual Threat Recognition Avoidance Training (VTRAT).
- Provides Crew Resource Management (CRM) training.
- Assists as a Subject Matter Expert in the development of curriculum for new type courses as required.
- Acts as a Lesson Subject Matter Expert to review existing lessons and/or changes to existing lessons.
- Provides suggestions to improve and update training policies and procedures.
- Able to exhibit ability to promote a positive attitude towards learning
- Must embrace and learn new technologies and tasks.
- Must be able to work with co-workers as a team to improve product, instruction, and results for students.
- Conducts ground training for other crewmembers to include diagnosis and remediation of student issues.
- Assists in project and development work as assigned.
- Performs administrative duties such as scheduling, record keeping, monitoring student progress, counseling, quality assurance, safety, security, and maintenance of training programs and equipment.
- Must be physically able to enter simulator, experience simulator motion and take cognizance of attendees’ safety when on board the simulator.
- Must be able to stand up and conduct academic instruction in simulator and classrooms for up to six hours each day.
- Must maintain proficiency in operation of essential C-5 Aircrew Training Devices.
- Must acquire and maintain instrument, take-off, landing, normal and emergency procedure proficiency.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travels as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Teammates are held accountable for all duties of this job.
Supervisory Duties: N/A
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and responsibility satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the necessary qualifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Ability to fluently read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must acquire and maintain proficiency in emergency procedures.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to obtain SECRET Security Clearance.
Education and Formal Training:
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Completion of a formal USAF Instructor training course.
· Air Refueling (AR) instructors shall be previously C-5 AR Instructor qualified.
- Must have computer skills commensurate with documentation of student activity and an ability to describe training scenarios using electronic format (e.g. MS Word).
· Strong facilitation, and data analysis skills required
Materials and Equipment Directly Used:
- C-5 simulator
- Cockpit procedures trainers
- Computer-based training system
- Overhead projectors, classroom presentation equipment
- Training Management System / Student Management System
- Copy Machine
- Software applications, such as, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
Working Environment/Physical Situation: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the teammate is regularly required to sit, use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The teammate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The teammate must have close and distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
How to ApplyApply online at Flightsafety.com/careers
1296 total views, 1 today