Full-Time Pilot Instructor – Omaha
ABOUT CYMSTAR SERVICES
CymSTAR Services LLC is a Service‐Disabled Veteran‐Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) established in 2007 to provide DoD Training Systems Management & support, to include Training System Support Centers (TSSC), Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) services, Aircrew Training Systems (ATS), Maintenance Training Systems (MTS), Ground-Based Tactical Training Systems, Pilot, Flight Engineer, and Loadmaster Instruction, and other ancillary support services. CymSTAR LLC provides engineering reach-back and surge capability support from its Headquarters engineering staff.
Provide Aircraft Systems/operational procedures instruction in aircraft/ classroom/ simulator and/or practical environments. Assist in development of curriculum for new type courses as required. May provide additional special services such as courseware review and other additional administrative duties such as publications, safety, quality audits, FCIF, scheduling, and other duties as may be assigned, etc.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides Pilot procedures instruction in aircraft, classroom, and simulator or other platform environments.
• Provides Crew Resource Management (CRM) and Instrument Refresher Course (IRC) training.
• Must be thoroughly proficient in evaluating, diagnosing, and critiquing student performance; identifying learning difficulties; recognizing objectives not accomplished; and prescribing and conducting remedial instruction.
• Assists in the development of curriculum for new type courses as required.
• Review existing lessons and/or changes to existing lessons.
• Provides suggestions to improve and update training policies and procedures.
• Promotes a positive attitude towards learning and embracing new technologies and tasks.
• Conducts ground training for other crewmembers to include diagnosis and remediation of student issues.
• Assists in project and development work as assigned.
• Performs administrative duties such as scheduling, record keeping, monitoring student progress, gradebook entries, counseling, quality assurance, safety, security, and maintenance of training programs and equipment.
• Must be physically able to enter and exit both simulator and aircraft as per government regulations and OSHA standards.
• Must be able to stand up and conduct academic instruction in simulator and classrooms for up to six hours each day.
• Must maintain proficiency in operation of essential Aircrew Training Devices. Aviation instruction is a highly specialized function that requires the instructor to have prior aircraft operating experience and the ability to hold creditability and the attention of the customer attendees.
• Must acquire and maintain simulated instrument, take-off, landing, and emergency procedure proficiency.
• Evaluates instructor personnel in classroom and devices, if required.
• Perform observation flights biennially in MEP status aboard aircraft (as required).
• Ensure compliance with AETCI 36-2909
• Adhere to periodic testing and evaluations on an annual basis, pass Government evaluation open and closed book exams, and pass flight evaluations on a training device.
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Previously qualified as an E-4B aircraft commander with 1000 hours of E-4B flight experience and be a graduate of a formal instructor course; or, Prior E-4B instructor pilot with 200 hours of instructor experience. Aerial Refueling (AR) instructors will be previously E-4B AR instructor qualified.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common professional literature. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to management, and colleagues.
Ability to comprehend and apply basic mathematical skills.
Working knowledge of computers and software applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets, presentation graphics and databases.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
U.S. Citizenship. Must be able to obtain a Secret Level Clearance
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, electrical shock, moving parts and vibration.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
• The employee is occasionally required to work holidays, weekends and odd shifts.
• Comply with company policies and procedures and work instructions
• Must hold a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) medical Certificate Second Class
• Follow company standards of professionalism
• Treat customers and coworkers with respect
• Be honest and dedicated in your work
• Follow directions of supervisory and management staff
• Comply with Company quality standards
• Maintain a professional appearance and comply with any company dress code
CymSTAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department via phone at 918-251-8100 or email at email@example.com.
How to ApplyPlease visit www.cymstar.com to apply and go to the careers page.
240 total views, 2 today