Full-Time Pilot Subject Matter Expert
Pilot Subject Matter Experts (P/SMEs) report to the Training Operations Manager. They will be fully qualified to meet the applicable requirements and will be trained and certified as outlined in this
document. P/SMEs will support operational mission rehearsal in aircrew training devices. P/SMEs will be the local operational focal point for technical content in existing courseware. Their in-depth knowledge of Joint Technical Data (JTD), service publications, and aircraft systems will allow them to provide accurate and consistent mission support across a broad spectrum of operational contexts. The P/SME will support military pilot currency in the Full Mission Simulator (FMS) and the Deployable Mission Rehearsal Trainer (DMRT) by providing 4th/5th generation fighter pilot expertise and F-35 Air Vehicle and Mission System knowledge required to support military pilot training. The P/SME will primarily operate the Instructor Operating Stations (IOS) and will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for pilot training and tactics development, emergency procedure level of knowledge, Instrument and NATOPs simulator events, and mission system training events. P/SMEs will provide instruction and support to mission planning, pre-event briefings, and post-event debriefings to support pilot training device continuation training requirements. Their understanding of mission requirements and simulator capabilities will help enhance continuation training delivered to operational pilots.
Period of Performance:
- Training Class: NAS LeMoore, CA or Eglin AFB, FL. Start May – June 2019. 120 consecutive days.
- Work Location: MCAS Miramar. Start based on training class completion date. Duration 2-5 years.
- Conduct quality aircrew training device support and/or instruction, accomplish applicable continuation and mission requirements, and adhere to published wing standards, and maintain weapons system expertise,
- Prepare briefing rooms for scheduled lesson or aircrew training device mission and accomplish debried and post clean up tasks,
- Evaluate and record aircrew training device performance and perform thorough debrief
- Conduct remedial aircrew training device instruction when required,
- Coordinate recommended corrective action and remedial training with active duty supervisors,
- Support continuation training and mission revision efforts,
- Review monthly/quarterly flying literature, safety reports and Service publications,
- Participate in Safety Investigation Board (SIB), Accident Investigation Board (AIB), and Flying
Evaluation Board (FEB) proceedings as directed by the Training Operations Manager,
- Perform related additional duties as assigned by the Site Director or applicable manager,
- Be available for operational pilot assistance, questions, and “sandbag” missions when not scheduled for
formal aircrew training device events,
- Monitor courseware currency in applicable academic and trainer areas of responsibility and submit recommended revisions,
- Provide Special Weapons and Tactics Training (SWATT) when scheduled (when on contract),
- Conduct Instrument Refresher Course instruction (if qualified and on contract).
Required and/or Preferred Qualifications (education, experience, licenses, skills)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline or,
- Equivalent experience/combined education, with 14 years or more of professional experience or,
- 12 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Formal Training Unit (FTU), Replacement Squadron (FRS), or Operational Instructor Pilot (IP)
- Candidate must have a minimum of 1000 hours Fighter Flight Time in fourth and/or fifth generation fighter aircraft (desired).
- Considered an expert, authority in discipline.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Final-Adjudicated Personnel Clearance Level (PCL) of SECRET or higher, with an Investigation in the last (6) years and had access within the last 24 months, is required to obtain a SAP-F clearance.
How to ApplyInterested Applicants Should Contact BGI at: http://www.bgi-llc.com/content/Careers/
168 total views, 2 today