Full-Time Simulator Technician
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Simulator Technician maintains and /or repairs flight training devices (FTDs) in accordance with Regulatory Authority requirements and company standards. May also make mechanical modifications, updates and repairs to enhance the performance of the FTDs.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following duties are essential to the successful and satisfactory performance of this job. Other duties may be assigned.
The Simulator Technician successfully completes diverse tasks of the job; applies and enhances knowledge and skill in both usual and unusual issues; may need some guidance in addressing unusual situations.
• Perform standard Simulator support activities
• Perform configuration changes to Simulators and FTDs, evaluate and confirm proper post- change operation.
• Identify, troubleshoot, repair or replace most of the Simulator and FTD electrical and sub system components and most hydraulic system components with little to no assistance.
• Monitor Simulator(s) performance and condition to ensure compliance with governmental regulations
• Demonstrate familiarity with governing regulations for the proper operation of all FTDs, the facility, and the safe employment of personnel.
• Able to accomplish basic tasks associated with the Qualification Test Guide (QTG)
• Demonstrate knowledge of all Simulator Support, Quality Operating Procedures (QOPs), and related documentation.
• Make recommendations concerning needed parts, acquisitions, or other material used for FTD repair and support.
• Report any safety hazards observed in work area, equipment, and/or building as per company Safety Management System (SMS) directive.
• Demonstrate familiarity with Learning Center daily department operations and applicable procedures
Associates degree in electronics from a college or completion of a civilian/military electronics technical school preferred
Proprietary Information. All rights reserved
1-3 years’ experience, including civilian/military electronics, or related technical experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Accountability – Meets productivity standards, deadlines, and work schedules. Accepts full responsibility for quality of work.
Communication – Conveys ideas and facts by presenting information clearly and professionally while listening carefully to ensure information is understood.
Approachability – Earns trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism.
Teamwork – Cooperates and collaborates with all employees to achieve common goals.
Analytical Thinking – Efficiently and accurately dissects problems and information and uses logic and judgment to evaluate alternatives and develop solutions.
Detail Oriented – Pursues quality in task accomplishment by checking work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Initiative – Proactively identifies what needs to be done and takes action to achieve high standards.
Safety Awareness – Identifies and corrects conditions that affect employee and/or client safety; upholds safety standards.
Self-Motivated – Results-oriented, with a high drive to achieve objectives and standards with little supervision or direction.
Technical Aptitude – Displays the capability to relate to a specific field of activity which requires a particular skill or specialized knowledge.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met and/or encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and communicate. The employee may be required to stand; walk; sit.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to view monitors, technical documents, and reference material.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
How to ApplyPlease us the link below to apply for this job, https://careers.flightsafety.com/job/Denver-Simulator-Technician-CO-80249/833088200/
310 total views, 2 today